Safety Hutch Inc. began by providing Safety Consulting Services to a major oil sands project in the Fort McMurray area. Since its inception we have shown tremendous growth and now offer several different services to our clients.
Health Centre, Physician Services, Occupational Health Nurse, Paramedics
Safety Hutch Inc is a company that aims to provide Emergency Response and Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Services for medium to large construction, petrochemical and exploration projects. We have a very strong understanding of the OH&S guidelines as well as WCB, OSHA, CAPP, Return to work programs and safety statistics.
Safety Hutch Inc boasts a team of experienced occupational and emergency response professionals. Our team has managed multiple WCB cases, treated thousands of occupational injuries and non-occupational health issues. In addition to this we have efficiently performed emergency response, administrative functions, coordinating diagnostics, testing and referrals to specialists to ensure the best possible care available for our clients.
We will continue to create teams of Physicians, Registered Nurses and Paramedics to assess and treat injured/ill workers. Our team has a strong understanding of recordable injury rates such as Medical aids, Restricted Work or Lost Time Injuries.
We maintain a strong link with our community partners such as but not limited to: physiotherapy, chiropractic treatment, Massage therapy, Diagnostic such as MRI’s Ultrasound, Cat Scans, X-ray, laboratory services and emergency facilities so we can help them understand our goals and needs for superior patient care.
Our strong team of professionals are ready to provide occupational health and emergency services to your project.
MOBILE TREATMENT CENTRES (MTC)
- Staffed by emergency medical technicians (EMT/PCP)
- Capable of transporting and treating two (2) injured patients
- Treatment chair for minor injuries and walking patients
- Stretchers and Spine Boards
- Oxygen Therapy with extra cylinders and Airway Kits
- Blankets, Trauma Kits, Spinal Immobilization Kits, Splints
- Hot and Cold sink for wound care
- Two Heaters for extreme winter conditions
- Cell Phone Communication WITH CELL BOOSTER
- Fire-extinguisher (5 lb)
- Heavy-Duty 4x4 Truck
- MTC bolts to frame for safe operation
- Units made of light-weight industrial fiberglass (1025 lbs/466kg)
PROJECT EMERGENCY SERVICES
Ambulance & Other Solutions
Safety Hutch Inc can offer the following project based services:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Ambulance Services/Mobile Treatment Centre
- Advanced Care Paramedics
- Primary Care Paramedics
- Physician Clinics
- Occupational Health Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Industrial Fire Fighting
- High Angle Rescue
- Ice & Swift Water Rescue
- HazMat Response
- Confined Space Rescue
- Vehicle Extrication
QUANTITATIVE FIT TESTING
Safety Hutch Inc believes it is critical that a worker who is required to wear a respirator be properly fitted for their mask. The fit-testing process involves selecting the correct size and type of respirator (mask) for each worker and ensuring that he/she knows how to don, use, and care for their mask correctly. Then by using our TSI Porta Count Fit Tester we ensure that the worker is properly fitted to their mask.
Safety Hutch Inc provides on-site Quantitative Fit Testing which complies with Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and CSA Z94.4-11.
We provide testing on the following masks:
- N95 Filter Mask
- Air Purifying Respirators (Half & Full Face)
- Powered Air Purifying Respirators
- Gas Masks
- SCBA & SABA Masks
- ALL OTHER MAKES & MODELS
TRAFFIC SAFETY SERVICES
Safety Hutch Inc would like to help your company deal with the increasing amount of accidents and deaths on the roads in Saskatchewan & Alberta. With traffic trauma accounting for the leading cause of lost time injuries and related costs over the past decade in Alberta.
- Collisions are the number one cause of death in the workplace.
- More than 36% of all work-related deaths are due to traffic trauma.
- More than 30,000 Workers Compensation Board lost time claims are filed every year in Alberta as a result of collisions.
- With employers losing in excess of $700 million every year in hard and soft costs of traffic collisions.
We at Safety Hutch Inc want to work with you to help promote and decrease the amount of traffic accidents that occur yearly in Saskatchewan & Alberta. Safety Hutch Inc has the ability to assist industry on various levels such as:
- Patrolling Private Roads looking for Aggressive driving behaviours and SPEEDERS.
- Looking for drivers on Cell Phones/Driving Distractions
- Instructing Defensive Driving classes
- Conducting Vehicle Safety Stop Checks/Road Control
- Ensuring Drivers licenses and vehicle insurance is kept up to date
- Checking for impaired drivers
- Looking for Fatigued drivers
- And that ALL Vehicles are in safe driving condition.
"We provide a cost effective program that responds directly to the needs of our client."
"For every dollar spent on road safety, there is a $3.00 return."
Mobile SCBA re-filling truck
The Mobile Air Truck is totally self sufficient with its own generator/inverter and Bauer Compressor/six bottle cascade. This unit is able to re-fill your SCBA bottles/cascade systems on-site saving the hassle of sending the tanks to other departments/suppliers to be re-filled. The unit can also be deployed for shutdowns, coverage for maintenance or during emergency situations.